Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Post Of The Year

...and here we are at the end of another year. Instead of saying what my favorite album was (Beach House's Teen Dream) or favorite song (LCD Soundsystem's "Drunk Girls") or even the pop artist I loathed the most (Katy Perry is awarded this for "California Gurls" alone), I want to take a moment to talk about some of the highlights of the year that was 2010.

In February, I began the second year of this blog and soon after found myself interviewing P.O.S. and Angelo Moore of Fishbone, both for me being amazing as I have loved both artists for years. In case of Angelo Moore, I have listened to Fishbone since I was 12 and had met him on a couple of occasions but still those moments will never top hanging out with him and discussing my favorite band ever. As the year progressed, I got to interview and hang out with other musicians that I had long admired or were just discovering in Richard Patrick (Filter), King Buzzo (Melvins), Slug (Atmosphere) and Katy Young (Peggy Sue). All of whom were amazing to talk to, especially Richard Patrick who was a blast to hang out with.

Electronically, I spoke with Brad Smith, the genius behind Moon8, an 8-bit version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (check out the piece here and a link to download it.). The stylophone became a big part of the  interviews and it was awesome to hear what the artists would come up with on the spot. In the year ahead, the stylophone will continue to be part of the pieces as it has been a fun bit to use with the artist and people enjoy watching the clips.

Other than that, I can only promise you that I will continue to provide such quality material as Ain't No Party Like An S Clone Party and My Friends Call Me Kelly For Short as well as a few other ideas that I am kicking around leading into the third year in February such as the long-delayed Master P trilogy...I do not want to get into that at the moment or else I will be saying "Uhhhhh" all night long. On that note, go out, have fun and be responsible by not playing Katy Perry at your party. Before you ask, Ke$ha is not okay either. At this point, I might allow Miley Cyrus because that means she might actually be at your party and you can sell the footage to TMZ.

Happy New Year!

Okay, just to let you know my choices for top five albums:
5. Fossils and Other Phantoms by Peggy Sue
4. Plastic Beach by Gorillaz
3. This is Happening by LCD Soundsystem
2. The Archandroid by Janelle Monae
1. Teen Dream by Beach House

No comments:

Post a Comment