Friday, May 27, 2011

To Alison Brie...A Mixtape (May 2011)


Side Annie Edison
01. These Days by Nico
02. Would You Come With Me by The Elected
03. Starstruck by The Kinks
04. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
05. Good Feeling by Violent Femmes


Side Trudy Campbell
01. Voices by Cheap Trick
02. Welcome to the Candy Store by Cupcakes
03. You Turn Me on I'm a Radio by Joni Mitchell
04. The Microwave Song by The Softlightes
05. Chance Meeting by Roxy Music


Not exactly a love mixtape as it started off just making a simple, low key mix with a slight narrative on romance. Confused...so am I. What does Alison Brie have to do with this? Well, she is beautiful, talented and has knocked Mandy Moore off the top of my celebrity crush list which is a hard feat...a very hard feat. I figured also I would just name a mix after her as Community is one of my favorite television programs. Seriously, if you have not watched this show, I have nothing to say other than I have created a concept for another paintball episode if they have another one next season and you really should watch the show.  


Musically, it is a lighter mix than usual with some better known acts mixed with a few indie darlings and two bands you have probably never heard of unless you have thoroughly raided my music collection (or are/were a fan of the members' other projects). There is something very charming and almost Wes Anderson-esque about this mix and hopefully you will see the charm as well.

Play it loud. Support the art and the artists!!!

Get To Alison Brie...A Mixtape here.

No comments:

Post a Comment