Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In My Time Of Absence...

So it has been awhile since my last post and/or confession. The reason for this is due to spending time working on various art projects, some finished and others really need completion, and meeting and networking with new people which is crazy in its own right. Nonetheless, I have not abandoned H&J.  As such, I shall do a quick summary of everything I have wanted to talk about but have not found the time to do so.

- I no longer enjoy Wilco's "I'm Always in Love." Summerteeth is my favorite Wilco album and, to a small extent, I was okay with hearing the song used for an ad as I hoped it would introduce more people to the band and, in particular, that album. Now, I can not listen to Summerteeth without skipping the track due to constantly hearing a lame, electronic, phone based rendition of it that failed to capture the excellence of that song. I never wanted to buy a Sprint 4G Evo or whatever to begin with and now that phone has taken away one of my favorite Wilco songs. Shame on you, Jeff Tweedy and Sprint.

- Frank Ocean's Channel Orange is a brilliant followup to Nostalgia, Ultra and definitely one of the best albums of the year.

- I am intrigued by Tastebuds.fm but have yet to be active with the site. I like the whole idea of meeting people based on musical interests but am never too sure what to saying in meeting people for the first time. Given that music is half of the capacity of my brain, I imagine this would make things harder for me even in making friends on a music site.

- Dennis Flemion of the Frogs passed away. I am not sure how I missed this as I love The Frogs and have played them for many friends over the last few years. For those late to hearing this, the drummer drowned in Wind Lake on July 7. A few days before, the band released two new albums, Count Yer Blessingsz and Squirrel Bunny Jupiter Deluxe, to which, this fan and I am sure many others were hoping, the band may have eventually toured behind. Whether or not the band continues is in the air but sadly, and most likely, the end to a band with such a devoted following among critics, fans and fellow musicians. With that said, rest in peace Dennis Flemion and know that your cow costumes and suits will always live on the stages you performed and most of all, "That was a good drum break."








No comments:

Post a Comment