Monday, April 30, 2012

For Sarah...A Birthday Mix (April 2012 Mixtape)


Side 1
01. School Days by Loudon Wainwright III
02. Into the Void by Nine Inch Nails
03. The Mansion World by Deadsy
04. Empty Vessels Make the Loudest Sound by The Mars Volta
05. New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 by R.E.M.
06. Greetings in Braille by The Elected

Side 2
01. Tunic (Song for Karen) by Sonic Youth
02. Human Pin Cushion by Skeleton Key
03. Erase/Rewind by The Cardigans
04. Sound and Vision by David Bowie
05. Bastardo by Charlotte Hatherley
06. A Thief at My Door by Karen Elson

This mix is truly a rarity in the sense that I made a mix for a friend and never gave it to them. Normally, I do half of a mix and abandon it but this was completely finished minus the artwork. Anyway, the mix was made for my friend Sarah's birthday. She's an exceptionally talented artist who is also one of the nicest people I have ever met. So I made this mix and just ended up not giving it to her. Period. The artwork comes from a drawing I placed on her present. The choice in songs was a combination of things I was listening to late last month and artists I figured she likes or would like. Otherwise, would there be a reason for a mix to include Loudon Wainwright III, Karen Elson and The Mars Volta. Well...in my head, that is completely normal.

Support art and the artists. Play it loud!

Get For Sarah...A  Birthday Mix here.

No comments:

Post a Comment