Friday, September 3, 2010

Video Graveyard

Many times I have often wondered what it would have been like if Wendy O. Williams and Gallagher had a child together. Okay, maybe not but if I did, I imagine the child would look something like this video by Art of Noise. Come on, it is a weird little punk girl ordering a bunch of weird older guys in suits to destroy saxophones and pianos with circular saws and sledgehammers. What about this does not scream Plasmatics in suspenders and smashing watermelons. Now, that I think about it, they should have placed a watermelon inside the piano and smashed it.

Let it also be noted that this video, along with Herbie Hancock's "Rockit," scared me as a child. That scare, however, wore off the moment the creators of The Venture Brothers decided to spoof the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment